People’s Republic of China
Partnership for Market Readiness Project
Project ID: P145586
Assignment Title: Consulting Service for Study on Monitoring, Reporting and Verification Systems
Reference No. (as per Procurement Plan): PMR-3
The People’s Republic of China intends to apply for financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the China Partnership for Market Readiness Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include:
1. Improve the incumbent sectoral Guidelines on Accounting and Reporting Enterprise GHG Emission;
2. Propose Management Measures(管理办法) on Enterprise GHG Emission Reporting;
3. Research and propose Management Measures(管理办法) on the Management of Third Party Verification Institutions;
4. Propose Guideline on Third Party Verification of Enterprise GHG Emissions;
5. Propose Design of Electronic Submission System for Verification Reports from Third Party Verification Institutions.
6. Conduct capacity building on MRV.
From commencement to the end this contract will take a total of 36 months with an estimated total number of 125 staff months. This assignment is expected to be started in September 2014.
The Department of Climate Change, National Development and Reform Commission now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The short listing criteria are:
● Be an independent entity or consortium;
● Demonstrated experience as a third party verification institution in similar fields in at least one large country or region, extensive experience in verification;
● Extensive experience and performance in advising central-level governments in at least one large country in the field of climate change and GHG emission accounting or verification;
● Practical experience in organizing training in fields of climate change and carbon trading, possession of a complete training quality management system, and experience in capacity building training on carbon trading in at least one large country or region;
● Experience and competence in electronic reporting of similar fields;
● Experience in China in the areas of assignment would be advantage.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers [January 2011] (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the QBS method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) before 5pm of July 8, 2014.
Department of Climate Change, National Development and Reform Commission
Address: 38 Yuetan Nanjie, Xicheng District, Beijing, China, 100824
Attn.: Mr. Wang Shu, Mr. Yang Zongjie
Tel: +86 10 6850 1553
Fax: +86 10 6850 2358