REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTANTING SERVICES – FIRMS SELECTION)
People’s Republic of China
Partnership for Market Readiness Project
Project ID: P145586
Assignment Title: Consulting Service for Studies on the Issues Related to the Participation of Central State-owned Enterprises in the National Emission Trading Scheme
Reference No. (as per Procurement Plan): PMR-5
The People’s Republic of China intends to apply for financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the China Partnership for Market Readiness Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include:
1) Studies and analysis on the characteristics of Central SOEs;
2) Studies on the entities representing Central SOEs in carbon emission trading;
3) Studies on approaches and methods of carbon emission allowance allocation to Central SOEs;
4) Studies on the governance of national carbon emission trading with the participation of Central SOEs.
From commencement to the end this contract will take a total of 36 months with an estimated total number of 68 staff months. This contract is estimated to commence in December, 2014.
The Department of Climate Change of National Development and Reform Commission invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The short listing criteria are:
· An entity with independent legal status or its consortium;
· Demonstrated experience in research on carbon emission trading;
· Extensive experience in advising central-level governments in at least one large country in the field of climate change and carbon emission trading;
· Experience in research in the production, operation, management, energy conservation and emission mitigation and management of the Central SOEs;
· Experience in participating in the establishment of carbon emission trading in at least one large country or region, for instance, the policy development of various elements, including the cap-setting, allowance allocation, emission accounting and verification, register, trading rules, and market regulations; and
· Experience in China in the areas of assignment would be advantage.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers [January 2011] (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the QBS method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours.
Expressions of interest and related proof documents must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) before 5 pm of November 3rd , 2014.
Department of Climate Change, National Development and Reform Commission
Address: 38 Yuetan Nanjie, Xicheng District, Beijing, China, 100824
Attn.: Mr. Wang Shu, Mr. Yang Zongjie
Tel: +86 10 6850 1553 / 6850 5882
Fax: +86 10 6850 2358